Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla Paid Services

OK I have been trying for about a week to get the SSO jsconnect to work with my site.. search is limited and the docs you do find are either for a older version of vanilla or dont work.. i have checked sessions everything is working on my end but it still asks me to login on the forums and I have followed the docs I have found step for step.. so does vanilla offer any kind of paid services other than the big business packages to get this to work?

Comments

• Appreciate it a wasted week was enough for me I decided on another forum software where the SSO was much more documented thanks though.

• RomeRome New
    edited April 2017

Update

OK well I made some progress but still in a rut.

i did my auth page i have sessions and db connection added..

`
    if (isset($_SESSION['id'])){
    echo $_SESSION['id'];
    }else{
    echo "NO SESSION";
    }

// 1. Get your client ID and secret here. These must match those in your jsConnect settings.
    $clientID = "33333";
    $secret = "3333333";

// 2. Grab the current user from your session management system or database here.

$signedIn = true;

// 3. Fill in the user information.

$user = array();

if ($signedIn) {

$user['uniqueid'] = '123';
    $user['name'] = 'John PHP';
    $user['email'] = 'john.php@anonymous.com';
    $user['photourl'] = '';
    }

`
    Here is the kicker if i go to domain.com/auth.php

it shows the string and session info for vanilla

if i click the test url

it echos no session but still shows the user info just no session

so how can it get the session if i visit the auth page directly, but it wont wont show session if i click the test link.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@Rome said:
    so how can it get the session if i visit the auth page directly, but it wont wont show session if i click the test link.

That shouldn't be possible, since the "Test URL" is just a link to the auth page. Therefore you should be "visiting it directly" all the same.

• @Linc said:

@Rome said:

That shouldn't be possible, since the "Test URL" is just a link to the auth page. Therefore you should be "visiting it directly" all the same.

No it was possible I figured out why.. it was because of the ssl

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

no it may be because you are not using rewrite Url...

• no i am using mod rewrite... it was the ssl when you call https://domain.com and login the session can kill itself you you try it without the https://