Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Total Views

Is there any quick way to add total views?

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Creating a custom Smarty function is quite easy. The only tricky thing might be to get "total views". What would you expect that this number shows?

• Options

@ Rall topic views total> @R_J said:

Creating a custom Smarty function is quite easy. The only tricky thing might be to get "total views". What would you expect that this number shows?

All topic views total

• Options

I've made a pull request and until that is accepted, yu can try my form: https://github.com/r-j/ReusableStats

• Options

Just for your information: there is a new version available which has your proposed enhancement included.

• Options

@R_J said:
    Just for your information: there is a new version available which has your proposed enhancement included.

I am already using that one it dont tell you how many views total

• Options

Sorry, I'm irritated by that "already". There is a new version which includes an enhancement. Are you using that new version and the enhancement isn't working?

• Options
    kopnakopna Coimbra Portugal ☯

@R_J

I have a question for you
    how does it work? Have a screenshot to see how it looks?
    Thank you

• Options
  • Options

@kopna:
    Nope, I have no screenshot. In order to see any effect, you are required to write a custom theme. The custom theme is a Smarty template and the plugin simply provides placeholders for a value. So if you add {$total_views} anywhere in your themes default.master.tpl in will be replaced with a number. Nothing more, nothing less. It is up to the theme designer to transform a naked 16492 to a fancy

Believe it or not, but the discussions in our forum has been viewed 16492 times!

I think a module providing the same information with translatable texts might be more handy for many users, but providing those numbers leaves a lot of power to those who know how to write a Smarty template.

If you are interested in writing a plugin which shows this information as a module in the panel and you are willing to do some of the required work by yourself, I would happily guide you.
    But I know that a developer already has written such a plugin which simply is not yet released.

@Rome:
    Please be more specific. Is that a screenshot of something you have built based on the ReusableStats plugin? Or is it a screenshot of the Forum Stats plugin that you were looking for and which the guys from CodeSequence have built?

• Options
    kopnakopna Coimbra Portugal ☯

@R_J :
    Nope, I have no screenshot. In order to see any effect, you are required to write a custom theme. The custom theme is a Smarty template and the plugin simply provides placeholders for a value. So if you add {$total_views} anywhere in your themes default.master.tpl in will be replaced with a number. Nothing more, nothing less. It is up to the theme designer to transform a naked 16492 to a fancy

Believe it or not, but the discussions in our forum has been viewed 16492 times!

I think a module providing the same information with translatable texts might be more handy for many users, but providing those numbers leaves a lot of power to those who know how to write a Smarty template.

If you are interested in writing a plugin which shows this information as a module in the panel and you are willing to do some of the required work by yourself, I would happily guide you.
    But I know that a developer already has written such a plugin which simply is not yet released.

Thanks for the your answer. So, the need graphical interface to display beautiful plugin. Sadly, I do not have even the basic skills of working with Smarty. I could try in your free time to learn.

• Options

You will find tutorials on how to create a custom theme here. As soon as you have created one, simply add `{$total_views}´ somewhere in the default.master.tpl of your custom theme and it would be replaced with the number you need. You will need more html/css skills for that.

If you do not have the skills you either have to learn a lot or wait until the someone else publishes such a plugin.