HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Can I develop a single-sign-on interface to intergrate the vanilla forum with another cms?

Is it possible to develop a single-sign-on interface to integrate the vanilla forum with another cms?

My story is I like vanilla forum(A) and want to integrate it with the company cms(B). Of course we have ldap server, but users need to login twice. I dont like it. So I want to create a login page that will create a logged in cookies of both A&B. I already saw the code and the cookies when a user signed in A, but dont really understand the logic behind it. (Which info is stored in the cookies?)

Can someone help me answer:
1. Is this possible?
2. How to do it?

Thank you
PS: sorry I can't post in dev forum :( Any mods or admin can move it to the right place.

Answers

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Vanillas SSO solution of choice is jsConnect: http://docs.vanillaforums.com/help/sso/jsconnect/

You can find a PHP implementation here: https://github.com/vanilla/jsConnectPHP

• Options

Thank, I'll try to implement this. If I have any problems, I'll feedback here.

• Options

Hi, I completed the login site which can verify the user can login into the AD server and give info of fullname and email. But how to configure it to work with the jsconnect plugin? I dont really get the idea of a few fields in "Add connection page": like "Sign In URL"?

• Options
    edited October 2017

I also interest can i use it for sites on Magento? can i do it alone because i`m just new in it or better to ask software company

• Options
    K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

@natalireynolds a dit :
    I also interest can i use it for sites on Magento? can i do it alone because i`m just new in it or better to ask software company

You must have some PHP knowledge ^^

• Options

@vanilalover, I'm not at my office right now, but look at the docs that R_J posted, as well as do some searches on this forum. JSconnect, once configured, works pretty well in these custom solutions. It is confusing at first, but doable.

On the grander scope, I sure would like to see an open source solution for standards, such as simpleSAMLphp, which would allow more options for SSO.

I'm almost getting to the point where I could help write or contribute to an add-on for this.. but time / resources are the challenge.

Donovan