Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to load custom theme style on last head position ?

steamsteam www.planamigo.org - #1 foro planes amigo
edited May 2017 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,
Somebody know how to load theme custom style in the last position, after styles of applications and plugins?

I want to overwrite some reactions yaga styles.

Thank you

Best Answers

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
    Answer ✓

I would also recommend the CSSEdit plugin, but I understand that it might look senseless to have an extra plugin for themeing when you already have a custom theme.

Although I guess it would be possible to take influence on the order of the css files, I wouldn't recommend doing so. I think you should be able to override the YAGA styles in your custom.css by using a higher specificity

Answers

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
    Answer ✓

I would also recommend the CSSEdit plugin, but I understand that it might look senseless to have an extra plugin for themeing when you already have a custom theme.

Although I guess it would be possible to take influence on the order of the css files, I wouldn't recommend doing so. I think you should be able to override the YAGA styles in your custom.css by using a higher specificity

• steamsteam www.planamigo.org - #1 foro planes amigo
    edited May 2017

Thanks for answers.

@R_J dijo:

I agree with you @R_J on "... that it might look senseless to have an extra plugin for themeing when you already have a custom theme."
    An extra plugin an extra call for style

I think you should be able to override the YAGA styles in your custom.css by using a higher specificity

I have it with specificity !!! Thank you very much for idea !

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

The style sheets for plugins supersede the custom.css file which is why I recommended you use it instead.

Otherwise edit the style sheet for the plugin... if not , you will have to use !important on many things..

The files get loaded based on alphabetical name of the file. If Yaga was called Aaga it would be loaded first. The loading order of the files is irrelevant to your problem.

• steamsteam www.planamigo.org - #1 foro planes amigo
    edited May 2017

Thanks for the information and your help @vrijvlinder is little thing that I want to touch of yaga styles for these reasons I did not want to directly touch yaga file style by subjects of update.

But I already have two classes touched with corrected errors ...
    https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/33450/yaga-v-1-1-errors-on-clean-installation-vanilla-v-2-3#latest

I hope they will be corrected in the future.
    Greetings.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

That is why using the CSSEDIT plugin solves these issues..