Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

can't access dashboard after fresh install

I've just installed Vanilla 2.3.1 and I see only one page the home page. Any link go to the same page : sign in, register, categorie, dashboard ...
See my forum here : http://www.kilte.eu/vanilla/
Thanks for help
Kilte

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

what's written in your htaccess?

• Options

here you have the htaccess

• Options
    GermontGermont New
    edited May 2017

I am not much of an expert, rather the opposite. But right there it's stated:

# If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /.
    # (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum)
    # RewriteBase /

• Options

Thanks a lot, but i'm not in a subfolder. My instal folder is domain/vanilla.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Equally no expert, but if you have a folder containing the Vanilla files, I think that is what needs referencing in htaccess, since they are not in root.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Simply try changing
    # RewriteBase / to
    RewriteBase /vanilla (delete the leading "#")

Couldn't hurt trying it :wink:

• Options

with RewriteBase / vanillaI have this error Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

There should be no blank between "/" and "vanilla"

• Options

OK thanks, no more error but the same home page as without /vanilla and no possibility to get the dashboard

• Options
    kiltekilte New
    edited May 2017

do you think it's like as this discussion ? I used cPanel to install Vanilla. What can I do to correct it ?
    https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/33442/nothing-loading-everything-stays-the-same
    thanks

• Options

it works very much now with the odl version, thanks for your help