Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

can't access dashboard after fresh install

I've just installed Vanilla 2.3.1 and I see only one page the home page. Any link go to the same page : sign in, register, categorie, dashboard ...
See my forum here : http://www.kilte.eu/vanilla/
Thanks for help
Kilte

Best Answer

Answers

• what's written in your htaccess?

• here you have the htaccess

• GermontGermont New
    edited May 2017

I am not much of an expert, rather the opposite. But right there it's stated:

# If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /.
    # (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum)
    # RewriteBase /

• Thanks a lot, but i'm not in a subfolder. My instal folder is domain/vanilla.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Equally no expert, but if you have a folder containing the Vanilla files, I think that is what needs referencing in htaccess, since they are not in root.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Simply try changing
    # RewriteBase / to
    RewriteBase /vanilla (delete the leading "#")

Couldn't hurt trying it :wink:

• with RewriteBase / vanillaI have this error Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

There should be no blank between "/" and "vanilla"

• OK thanks, no more error but the same home page as without /vanilla and no possibility to get the dashboard

• kiltekilte New
    edited May 2017

do you think it's like as this discussion ? I used cPanel to install Vanilla. What can I do to correct it ?
    https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/33442/nothing-loading-everything-stays-the-same
    thanks

• it works very much now with the odl version, thanks for your help