Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Fatal Error in Gdn_Database.Query();

I recently have some trouble accessing the dashboard of my forum. When I turned on the debug, I got this error message

Here's my Vanilla's app info
Additional information for support personnel:
Application: Vanilla
Application Version: 2.1.8p2
PHP Version: 5.6.28
Operating System: Linux
Server Software: Apache/2.4.23 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/59.0.3071.104 Safari/537.36
Request Uri: /forum/dashboard/settings/jsconnect
Controller: Gdn_Database
Method: Query

Have anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options

You vanilla version is way out of date. I could sit here diagnosing it for you, but really you aught to be more concerned about the security vulnerabilities.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Yeah my boss would like to keep this version. Is the issue because of the database?

We moved from a hosting to another. Previously it was working fine. I have checked all of the config files and they are all correct.

Thanks!

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited June 2017

@menshinobi

Nothing to do with the DB error, but you need to find a way to tell your boss she or he is nuts, and is putting the site server and users at risk by not updating.

For my part, I wouldn't want to support someone who refused to take the security of their site and users seriously.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited June 2017

I don't think the version of php you are running is even compatible with the version. I think vanilla 2.1 was compatible with 5.3 maybe 5.4 at a stretch not 5.6

You need to update vanilla becuase you are running an insecure version.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Ok thanks, I will update my Vanilla forum now and get back to you

• Options

So after I upgraded the forum, I met this bug

I have no idea on how to solve it. Any ideas?

Thanks!

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Deactivate the plugin Participated (if you cannot access the dashboard, remove the corresponding line in /conf/config.php.
    Afterwards re-enable it in the dashboard (NOT! by simply changing the config).

Please report back if that has solved your problem.

• Options

Hi R_J,

Thanks for your help but still no luck.

Here is the screenshot of my conf file

After I cleared my cache and refresh the forum page, the bug is still there.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Please run example.com/utility/structure, there seems to be some problems with your database structure. Normally that should have been fixed on a normal upgrade...

• Options

Thank you! That fixes it!