Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Categories do not go UNREAD automatically !

I click on the category where there a new message in a discussion.
The css class on it show Unread.
I go see the message, then come back : the discussion is marked Read but not the Category !

Comments

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

Categories is marked as Read when then have no unread discussion inside.
    If you want to be able to put categories to read state, use the plugin for that (packed with Vanilla, see in your modules for "All viewed")

• Thanks K17. I installed it and it is a good workaround.
    But do not understand that there are still some important bugs like that in Vanilla.

• It's not a bug, it's a preference.

Which is why they pack a plugin in the installation to change the behaviour, if you don't like it.

If they change the default behaviour, other people will be unhappy and call it an important bug.

• Thank you Caylus. What is the name of the plugin ? I did not see it.

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

@migswd a dit :
    What is the name of the plugin ? I did not see it.

@Caylus a dit :
    they pack a plugin in the installation

@K17 a dit :
    (packed with Vanilla, see in your modules for "All viewed")

Just why are you posting iside the 2.0 to 2.2 category ? You don't use 2.3.1 ?

• @migswd said:
    Thank you Caylus. What is the name of the plugin ? I did not see it.

Ah, sorry I misunderstood what you wanted. And thought the plugin K17 mentioned would suit your needs.
    Still disagree whether or not it's a bug though.

@K17 said:
    Categories is marked as Read when then have no unread discussion inside.
    If you want to be able to put categories to read state, use the plugin for that (packed with Vanilla, see in your modules for "All viewed")

• Just why are you posting iside the 2.0 to 2.2 category ? You don't use 2.3.1 ?

Yes I use Vanilla 2.3.1.
    I did not see I was posting in 2.0.

• it is not a bug it is logical. Bugs are things not working as intended usually unexpectedly.

grep is your friend.