Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Discussion Photos not showing on mobile theme

Hello, I use "Gopi" theme on my forums. But there are no "Discussion Photos" plugin on mobile version of the theme (bootstrap).

How to fix that, so we can see user photos on index?

My forum URL: https://xda-balkan.com

Thanks!

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Can you explain further ? I see the images , but not sure what images you mean... you can also trouble shoot the mobile theme by using a browser extension user agent switcher.

$PluginInfo['IndexPhotos'] = array(
        'Name' => 'Discussion Photos',
        'Description' => "Displays photo and name of the user who started each discussion anywhere discussions are listed. Note that this plugin will not have any affect when table layouts are enabled.",
        'Version' => '1.2.2',
        'RequiredApplications' => array('Vanilla' => '2.0.18'),
        'RegisterPermissions' => false,
        'MobileFriendly' => true,
        'Author' => "Lincoln Russell",
        'AuthorEmail' => 'lincolnwebs@gmail.com',
        'AuthorUrl' => 'http://lincolnwebs.com'
    );

It is possible this plugin IndexPhotos is not compatible with mobile or anything else.. That said, this plugin works for me with my theme for mobile or desktop. You need to provide more info because this plugin works fine. .. I suggest you switch mobile themes to the default . This problem could be your theme, or not. We can't guess. sorry

• edited September 2017

Sorry for resurrecting an old discussion, but I have the same problem with OP.

The photo above is screenshot from Chinese android phone.

The condition of this problem are
    1. Use Gopi theme on mobile device and set Gopi theme as default (Not mobile theme) with Vanilla 2.3.1
    2. Enable plugin 'Discussion Photos'
    3. Open your site on mobile device. In my case, iPhone 6, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s.

My site is http://vanilla.iblogger.org/vanilla/discussions

I did some further research and found that if the mobile screen width is lower than certain pixel (817 px according to my FF dev tool) the OP photo(s) of discussions will be removed.
    The space of the OP photo seems to be the same to me when I decreased the width of screen.
    But I do not understand why the photos are not shown.

This photo width is 818 px

This photo width is 815 px

• edited September 2017

double post :(

The mobile theme is not showing at all... can't help you if you are going to be switching themes. The one you have now shows the avatars... but is not a mobile theme...

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The IndexPhoto is being hidden by your stylesheet with this rule:

@media only screen and (max-width: 544px){
        .IndexPhoto {display: none;!important}
    }

I would suggest removing the padding on the discussion when this element is hidden:

@media only screen and (max-width: 544px){
        .Discussion.ItemContent {padding-left: 0;}
    }

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight you are the best sir, thank for you suggest, its is realy working :)