Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Unable to install on subdomain.

Hi guys, I've contacted my host provider—Awardspace—and got nowhere with this.

Here is my htaccess file contents:

I unpacked the prebuild thing into my subdomain and right from the get-go I get a 500 error.
I tried commenting these lines from my htaccess(as seen above):

My host said the problem was stemming from that but then they said they could not access the setup. Then I tried going to: index.php?p=/dashboard/setup

I got to my setup but then after trying to go to the next stage—the dashboard of vanillaforums—I got a 404 error.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

ok, please replace that htacess file entirely for this

# Modified
        # If you modify this file then change the above line to: # Modified
        <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
           RewriteEngine On
           # Certain hosts may require the following line.
           # If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /. 
           # (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum)
           RewriteBase /
           RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
           RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
           RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=$1 [QSA,L]
        </IfModule>

• Also, make sure permissions for the files are correct. I have had to edit perms on every install thus far to get things to work correctly. Can you post an output of 'ls -la' for the /conf/ directory (as an example)?

• You're a bloody lifesaver!

I still had a database host issue but I resolved that with a simple ping to the address in cmd to get the ip address and then attached the port to the end. Working now! Thanks again!