Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

2 Part Question 2.3.1

1# how can i disable the username and email Fields.
2# the sso link signin shows when now one is signed in anywhere, any way to hide it until the person logged in?

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

If you want to only allow sign in via SSO, you can change the register option to connect only. $Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['Method'] = 'Connect';

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

I don't know the proper answer to #1.. I suppose you could do that in CSS easy enough.. but there may also be a way to do in the config.

For #2, maybe have a look at this plugin by @x00 :
    https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/jsconnectautosignin-plugin

You can disable sign-in as well as add a signout URL.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

1# how can i disable the username and email Fields.

From where ?

• Options

I guess i should have asked using the js connect sso does it disable the edit username and email?

• Options
    edited September 2017

Why do you want to disable the email and usernames ? You can prevent people from editing their entire profile by unchecking the permissions in the dashboard.

• Options

@vrijvlinder, if you have a data authority other than vanilla (in an SSO situation), you may not want the user to be able to edit that info... rather you may want them to require the email / username of the data of authority.

• Options

@Gotcha said:
    I guess i should have asked using the js connect sso does it disable the edit username and email?

Not that I'm aware of. In my opinion, it would be nice to be able to set these two fields to be editable (or not) individually. I did some searches in this forum, and it appears there may be solutions.. but I haven't found a good one yet.

• Options
    edited September 2017

@donovanb said:
    @vrijvlinder, if you have a data authority other than vanilla (in an SSO situation), you may not want the user to be able to edit that info... rather you may want them to require the email / username of the data of authority.

Using SSO the name and email are from the connector, even if you changed your name and email in vanilla, the next time you connect it will use the one from the connector again.

For example, if I log in with Facebook into this forum, my name and photo and email, will be the one from Facebook.

User names can only be changed by the admin or person with permissions in this forum. It can be done in your forum too.

To not allow editing email, photo, username.. add these to the config.php

$Configuration['Garden']['Profile']['EditEmails']=false;

$Configuration['Garden']['Profile']['EditPhotos']=false;

$Configuration['Garden']['Profile']['EditUsernames']=false;

• Options

Good point, and thanks for the config.