Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Test Vanilla 2.5a2

edited September 2017 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I congratulate the team of Vanilla for this new version, it is interesting how when installing a new theme, it automatically gives the option to delete the cache, and works perfectly with the database of 2.3.1, I am in a trial period where I am going to try to update a theme and some plugins, keep learning, but your work in the repository of github is amazing, every week there are new features, thanks for that to the whole team @Linc

Also thanks to all the open source forum team @R_J @vrijvlinder @k17 @caylus @whu606, and many others who collaborate with this project

Regards,

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited September 2017

I appreciate the kind words. :chuffed:

I wonder what version you're using exactly. "2.5.2" doesn't exist at this time. We forked an alpha build of 2.5 this week as 2.5a and before that the master branch was numbered as 2.4.200 which is some made-up cloud nonsense we're not doing anymore. And yes, that's a '200' minor point, not a '2' - it matters. :confounded:

• Hi, I am currently testing both versions Version 2.3.1, 2.4b1 and 2.5a2:

Version 2.3.1: Currently running.

• Install Simple.
    • Users: 400 Discussion: 61 Conversation: 6.140. 150K Visit 2K Concurrent visits at critical times - Server
      LiteSpeed.

• Themes y Plugins Work.

Version 2.4b1: (Test 1).

• Install Simple.
    • Use Database 2.3.1, the migration between versions is quite simple.
    • Themes Bootstrap Work.
    • Plugins Work.
    • Awesome Control Panel.
    • Testing some details to get it running.

Version 2.5a2: (Test 2).

• Install Simple.
    • Use Database 2.3.1, the migration between versions is quite simple.
    • Themes Bootstrap Work.
    • Automatic cache removal works great on themes and plugins.
    • Some Plugins give JS console error.

If I am wrong in the number of the version is 2.5.a2, if they can edit the title would be great, I like the new version the new api that will bring with it, the idea is to go testing and checking what works and what things need to be modified to adapt the forums and help the developers to find a bug, however they do code testing, there are always errors, and thank you for the work,

Regards,

• jmonroejmonroe New Orleans

I too will be installing 2.5a and testing out as well. I know 2.4.b1 has an awesome admin section. Definitely like the more modern look and arrangement of it.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Ah, 2.5a2, got it. I've amended the title. I suggest using release/2.5a for alpha testing. The master branch will continue evolving before the real 2.5a2 release so you're not looking at a fixed snapshot yet when you talk about it.

• @linc its posible add commits delete cache theme y plugins automatic and other commits that you consider important release Vanilla 2.4 beta 1,

Thks,

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited September 2017

@terabytefrelance said:
    @linc its posible add commits delete cache theme y plugins automatic and other commits that you consider important release Vanilla 2.4 beta 1,

Backporting large features is very challenging to coordinate. It's unlikely something I could accomplish on my own.

I also suspect that could be a destabilizing change to 2.4. Generally, beta is not where you want to add big stuff.