Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Unable to auto-detect API connection

I have checked with my host provider and they have opened ports 80 and 4043. I have the plugin operational on my WordPress subdomain but, on my forum subdomain—using Vanilla Forums—I cannot get a connection to the API to enable the social login.

I would like for this to work so that I can then enable the single sign-on.
I have tried multiple versions of the Vanilla Forum turnkey plugin with no success. All I am getting is the html that says "Login with:" or "Register with"; the icons themselves are not showing.
If I could get this to work via plugins then it would be nice, doing the manual set-up is a bit of a hurdle and more time-consuming.

Using Vanilla Forums version 2.3.1
Tried turnkey plugin versions: 1.2, 1.3, & 1.4

No other plugins are enabled on the Vanilla Forum.

Comments

• Hey _Mamokin,

I created a pull request for the Social Login addon a while ago.
    https://github.com/oneall/social-login-vanilla-forum/pull/6/files

You've got to change

$Sender->AddCssFile($this->GetResource('design/settings.css', FALSE, FALSE));
    $Sender->AddJsFile($this->GetResource('js/settings.js', FALSE, FALSE));

to

$Sender->AddCssFile('settings.css', 'plugins/oneallsociallogin');
    $Sender->AddJsFile('settings.js', 'plugins/oneallsociallogin');

• Hi Caylus,

I tried your solution but I still do not get any api connection.

• I have a workaround using jsconnect now anyways. It does not seem like the plugin is operational at all for me.
    Jsconnect does what it needs to, just needs to format some things now.

• Weird, works for me. Glad you found something else instead!

• Thank you very much for the pull request. We have now pushed a new version that works for Vanilla 2.3 too!