Can't install Vanilla 2.3.1
I have installed Vanilla 2.3.1, base on these instructions (https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/blob/master/README.md)
But when I surf to the main page I'm redirected to /dashboard/setup, and than get to error 404
BTW - If I'm using this url http://my-domain/index.php?p=/dashboard/setup, I do get to the setup page,
but after filling all the data and clicking the 'Continue' button, I again redirect to /dashboard/setup, and than get to error 404.
- Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS
- PHP Version 7.0.22
- mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.20, for Linux
These are the steps I did.
1. create directory /var/www/html/vanilla
2. unzip the vanilla code into this directory
3. sudo chown www-data:www-data -R /var/www/html/* ; sudo chmod -R 777 /var/www/html/*
4. on the file .htaccess I set RewriteBase to /vanilla/
Beside that I have tried lots of other suggestion that I have found on this forum, non did help.
I saw suggestion to use the .htaccess from version 2.2, but I couldn't find that file, so I didn't tried that.
I'm working on it for hours, with no results