Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Problems with using the vanilla importer from a phpBB 3.2 forum

calvinbcalvinb New
edited October 2017 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm trying to use the importer to get a (successful, mind) dump of a phpBB 3.2 (upgraded from 3.0, so I could use a 3.0 dump if needed) to importer. It gets to loading table 3, then quits because:

Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'Garden.Settings.Manage' at row 1|Gdn_Database|Query|insert GDN_Permission
                (`RoleID`, `Garden.Email.View`, `Garden.Settings.Manage`, `Garden.Settings.View`, `Garden.SignIn.Allow`,
                `Garden.Users.Add`, `Garden.Users.Edit`, `Garden.Users.Delete`, `Garden.Users.Approve`, `Garden.Activity.Delete`,
                `Garden.Activity.View`, `Garden.Profiles.View`, `Garden.Profiles.Edit`, `Garden.Curation.Manage`, `Garden.Moderation.Manage`, `Garden.PersonalInfo.View`, `Garden.AdvancedNotifications.Allow`,
                `Garden.Community.Manage`, `Conversations.Moderation.Manage`, `Conversations.Conversations.Add`,
                `Vanilla.Approval.Require`, `Vanilla.Comments.Me`) values (:RoleID, :GardenEmailView, :GardenSettingsManage,
                :GardenSettingsView, :GardenSignInAllow, :GardenUsersAdd, :GardenUsersEdit, :GardenUsersDelete, :GardenUsersApprove, :GardenActivityDelete, :GardenActivityView, :GardenProfilesView, :GardenProfilesEdit,
                :GardenCurationManage, :GardenModerationManage, :GardenPersonalInfoView, :GardenAdvancedNotificationsAllow,
                :GardenCommunityManage, :ConversationsModerationManage, :ConversationsConversationsAdd, :VanillaApprovalRequire,
                :VanillaCommentsMe)

If I hack out the problematic roles table (...it's just a tiny int->varchar(255) mapping, idk why it'd be problematic), I get further until it gets to updating counts 8/16. then it becomes

Column 'CountComments' cannot be null

My guess is something in the users table is fucky as that's the only reference to CountComments I can find in the dump, but I'm not sure what. This is a fresh vanilla 2.3.1 install on Ubuntu 14.04, Apache, PHP 7, and MariaDB.

Best Answer

Answers

• As for the first one, I don't see any invalid values at all:

Table: Permission
    RoleID:int,_Permissions:varchar(255)
    "551","All"
    "552","View"
    "550","View\,Garden.SignIn.Allow\,Garden.Profiles.Edit\,Garden.Settings.View\,Vanilla.Discussions.Add\,Vanilla.Comments.Add\,Garden.Moderation.Manage"
    "547","View"
    "559","View\,Garden.SignIn.Allow\,Garden.Profiles.Edit\,Vanilla.Discussions.Add\,Vanilla.Comments.Add"
    "553","View\,Garden.SignIn.Allow\,Garden.Profiles.Edit\,Vanilla.Discussions.Add\,Vanilla.Comments.Add"
    "548","View\,Garden.SignIn.Allow\,Garden.Profiles.Edit\,Vanilla.Discussions.Add\,Vanilla.Comments.Add"
    "549","View\,Garden.SignIn.Allow\,Garden.Profiles.Edit\,Vanilla.Discussions.Add\,Vanilla.Comments.Add"
    "555","View\,Garden.SignIn.Allow\,Garden.Profiles.Edit\,Vanilla.Discussions.Add\,Vanilla.Comments.Add"

// Exported Table: Permission (9 rows, 00:00.01)

• Ok, turning off strict mode on the server got my past loading tables 3/18. It's still going, though.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
    edited October 2017

"551","All" is of type string,string, while the RoleID must be an integer. That would also fail if strict mode is enabled.

• The other integers in the tables are all quotes-surrounded, so they should be fine, and did so when I hacked out Permissions.

Thankfully, disabling strict mode managed a successful DB import. Thank you!

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Glad to hear it succeeded in the end. Have fun with Vanilla!

• x00x00 MVP
    edited October 2017

the porter can mess up permissions, in my experience.

Type matters. NULL and "" and 0 could potentially produce very different result and that is critical when permission are concerned.

Always run the normal update procedure.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    the porter can mess up permissions, in my experience.

Type matters. NULL and "" and 0 could potentially produce very different result and that is critical when permission are concerned.

Always run the normal update procedure.

1. This is resolved.

2. I don't really think phpBB is a supported drop-in update target.