HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.5 release schedule & features

Comments

• Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭

@Linc.. take your Time... Real Live is more important... :+1::awesome:
    Congrats... :heart:

• Any update of progress with v2.5?

It is really sad how thing repeat as with 2.3 and 2.4.

• 2.5 has a branch of its own in github now... so the release is coming closer, I assume.

• you are talking about a beta release here. If you are that impatient for it you probably shouldn't be using it.

grep is your friend.

• At the moment I dont want to play with composer and run anything from git, but I am really waiting for the beta to get my hands on it. I will be running a clone of my forum on the beta as soon as it is released, and some of the my users will help to test the cloned site.

Apparently the status of the alpha is pretty good considering the remarkably tight schedule for beta-rc-gold posted by Linc here.

• maximka10maximka10 New
    edited December 2017

It is little strange idea to expect developers to fix such approach.
    If they do it again and agin for year it is management problem.
    For now it is absolute ideal world for developers. The worse is situation with open source branch - the better, as less public complains.

• ???

grep is your friend.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited December 2017

Vanilla 2.5 RC1 is now available.

Please test this pre-release carefully and report issues with 1) How to reproduce the issue and 2) Details of your environment including Apache/Nginx/IIS and PHP versions. Installation and basic troubleshooting instructions are in the README, please use them.

• Ok, that explains it. I come from the SMF forum world, where there is no development process :p

• @Linc

Very good news.

Please try to keep your gold release plans.

It'll be amazing for Vanilla forum community if release schedule will be predictable and more frequent.

• @link good news indeed. Will 2.5 have wordpress-plugin compatibility?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@donovanb said:
    @link good news indeed. Will 2.5 have wordpress-plugin compatibility?

I don't have any reason to think we've broken compatibility with our WordPress plugin, but I certainly encourage folks to cover that in their testing.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

There is an issue where the "Quote" function gives a "Not authorized" error in many situations in the 2.5 RC1 release. This has already been patched for the final release.

• Can i use the Vanilla 2.5 rc1 in production, untill the final release is out (than just to patch/update) ?

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited December 2017

You can , if you accept that it may not work as you expect, and don't expect too much support on here if you run into issues.

Should you?

No, imo.

Run it on a test install instead.

• nutjobnutjob New
    edited December 2017

how to update my existing vanilla to this version?

• kassiuskassius New
    edited December 2017

As the mod said you can break your forum, but here is the pre-built zipfile https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/files/1537796/vanilla-2.5rc1.zip

So, please backup your current directory tree and database first, then unpack the zip above to the directory tree.