HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to remove #latest when clicking on a discussion?

Hi, it's probably a stupid thing I overlooked but how do i remove the #latest in the theme on the index page so that when users click to read a discussion it doesn't show the latest reply but the first post instead?

Thanks!

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@Debug

Are you sure you want to do that?

By default, users are taken to the last post that they read.

If they haven't visited the discussion before, they are taken to the first post.

Do you really want your users to have to scroll down, or page through, to find the point they were at when they revisit a discussion?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Usually when folks want to do this it's because they don't realize "latest" is calculated per user, not globally. It's correct for each person.

• I did indeed not know. Though that said when having a lot of discussions one might not remember what it was when it goes to the latest reply so it can be confusing.

I guess the middle ground would be to go to the first post by default but have a button somewhere that goes to #latest

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Actually it notifies participants within that discusssion and sends them to the latest comment or answer. This has nothing to do with themes. Themes are only the looks of things. Not the function. That said, thanks for using my theme!

• I wasn't totally sure so i asked. That said how do i remove the #latest when clicking to read a topic?