HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can't upload update to plugin

I wanted to update my update to Ichty's adsenseadder plugin, but it refuses to upload for some reason.

Anyone an idea what might cause the issue?

I've added a addon.json file, introduced a c("Plugins.AdSense.CustomOptions") option in case people want to easily style their ads more and renamed the main file from default.php to class.adsenseadder.php.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I wasn't able to update your plugin, too and I just tried uploading a new plugin and that also failed.

@Linc: has something changed recently which might have broken the addon section?

• Finally figured out what went wrong here.

I renamed default.php to class.adsenseadder.php, which breaks the plugin info checker.

In class.updatemodel.php line 115 infoPaths are defined as follows:

$infoPaths = [
                '/settings/about.php', // application
                '/default.php', // plugin
                '/class.*.plugin.php', // plugin
                '/about.php', // theme
                '/definitions.php', // locale
                '/environment.php', // vanilla core
                'vanilla2export.php' // porter
            ];

class.adsenseadder.plugin.php would have been fine, class.adsenseadder.php is not.
    I assumed having a addon.json file have made this section superfluous, but sadly that's not the case (See bug report).

https://github.com/vanilla/community/issues/135

I'll create a pull request with a fix.

Also, analyzeAddon and getInfoZip are both deprecated, but there doesn't seem to be any replacement functions for them?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@Caylus said:
    Also, analyzeAddon and getInfoZip are both deprecated, but there doesn't seem to be any replacement functions for them?

They should get moved to the addon directory app (and probably reworked), not be in core Vanilla.