Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

When selecting a lot of permissions, vanilla won't update any roles/categories [RESOLVED]

StarfleetStarfleet New
edited March 2018 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

So on my forum we have around a 100(+) roles; since we use it for a game that has many 'small groups'. Now we recently updated to vanilla 2.5 and it seems like when I edit a category (and more than around 20 role permissions are selected), vanilla won't let me update the category permission. It'll even delete permissions (as if they weren't selected), when I edit a category that already had more than 20 roles with permissions selected. It's like vanilla just won't insert that much data into the database.

Does anyone know how I would fix this, or is this just a bug in the 2.5 version? It worked perfectly fine with the 2.3 version (even with my more than a 100 different roles).

Comments

• Update: I started testing some different things and figured out that vanilla only updates the first 50 rows. It just won't do all rows above that (so roles 50-100). Could this be a constraint by vanilla? I doubt anything in my database has changed, since I haven't changed anything myself. My host might have, but that would be a huge coincidence since it started right after I updated to 2.5.

I figured maybe it had something to do with the utility update for 2.5. Anyone any thoughts?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

You're probably running into the PHP server's POST limit.

• Yep, that was the problem! Thanks!