Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Dashboard errors after domain change

Hi folks, I have a fresh install of Vanilla 2.5 that is on an Amazon EC2 instance. Everything was working fine before I had a DNS record. Once I associated a DNS address to the instance instead of using the dotted quad address, some parts of the dashboard stopped working. I stopped being able to change the theme, and I stopped being able to enable plugins. If I try to toggle on a plugin, I get the following errors attached at the bottom popping up in a grey popup box. I can still enable things/disable things manually by editing config.php.

\n
\n \n Social Media \n
\n\t\t
Technical
\n
\n
\n \n Embedding \n
\n\t\t
\n \n Locales \n
\n\t\t
\n \n Outgoing Email \n
\n\t\t
\n \n Security \n
\n\t\t
\n \n Routes \n
\n\t\t
\n \n Statistics \n
\n\t\t
Addons
\n
\n
\n \n Plugins \n
\n\t\t
\n \n Applications \n
\n\t\t
Forum Data
\n
\n
\n \n Import \n
\n\t\t
\n", "Type": "Html" } ], "FormSaved": true, "DeliveryType": "VIEW", "Data": "", "InformMessages": [ { "CssClass": "Dismissable AutoDismiss", "Message": "Advanced Editor Enabled." } ], "ErrorMessages": "", "RedirectTo": "", "RedirectUrl": "" }

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

It sounds like conf/config.php isn't writable by your web server.

• Yes, that was the problem, thank you.