HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

I'm not able to unmute Vanilla 1.0 category [resolved]

R_JR_J Ex-FanboyMunich Admin
edited April 2018 in Feedback

@Linc: Just by accident I saw that there was someone asking for help, as well as some spam in that category. I would understand if that category is muted by default, but having an unmutable category is awkward. Is that on purpose or a bug?

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

It's marked "Hide on Recent Discussions", so that's the expected behavior. I'd be fine with closing the category.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@Linc said:
    It's marked "Hide on Recent Discussions", so that's the expected behavior. I'd be fine with closing the category.

You have changed something, haven't you? A few hours ago I had an option to mute/unmute categories and that is gone now. The Unmute option wasn't working for the Vanilla 1 category, but the option was shown.

Now there isn't an option to mute/unmute a category any more...

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

We did release 2.6 to this cluster today.

All muting functionality is gone from Vanilla. It's been replaced by category following. But still, that category has the category-level option checked that prevents it from showing on the Recent Discussions page, which is its own thing.

@Linc said:
    We did release 2.6 to this cluster today.

All muting functionality is gone from Vanilla. It's been replaced by category following. But still, that category has the category-level option checked that prevents it from showing on the Recent Discussions page, which is its own thing.

Whoa! just tried it out on my master installation and that Category Following feature looks really nice! Though I do not think it makes much sense, you should enable it here so people can see what 2.6 will bring :awesome:

But I think there should be a CSS class for Followed categories - I'll create a GitHub issue for that...

By the way: there is no link to the repo on open.vanillaforums.com - I'm missing that from time to time...