Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

News script/plugin?

Hi,

I just started using vanilla forums and I was hoping there might already be something that would take posts made in the news section of the forum and display them neatly in the news section of the home page of the website. I just wanted a simple solution for non tech savvy individuals to post news to the website.

Comments

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited May 2018

How about NillaBlog? You can set a category to have a blog view and then change the home page route of Vanilla to display that page. I don't know if it works with Vanilla 2.5+, but it can probably be fixed quickly if it doesn't.

If you're looking for something more full-featured, check out my Articles app, but I haven't updated it to support Vanilla 2.5+ yet.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• I'm not sure. They only demonstration of the project just shows a regular forum with it being used. I was thinking something a long the lines of what Articles does where it displays a graphic as well. Would that be easy to also just have the news section posted to the front page?

• Nillablog only work in vanilla 2.3.1, this is the reason why I could not update my forum :(

http://americamilitar.com/

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I've just created a Pull Request and that should make NillaBlog Vanilla 2.6 compatible =)

@JoZ3_69 you should check the download section: there is a new version for NillaBlog available :wink:

• @R_J a few of minutes ago I saw her, I'm trying the new version :)

@JoZ3_69 said:
    @R_J a few of minutes ago I saw her, I'm trying the new version :)

But be aware that this version requires vanilla 2.6, although replacing "SetHighlightRoute" with "AddSideMenu" is all that is needed to make it work with Vanilla 2.3

• @R_J said:

@JoZ3_69 said:
    @R_J a few of minutes ago I saw her, I'm trying the new version :)

But be aware that this version requires vanilla 2.6, although replacing "SetHighlightRoute" with "AddSideMenu" is all that is needed to make it work with Vanilla 2.3

I'm testing it with a copy of my forum updated to 2.6 on my local server :)