HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Comment Approval Needed

PCTipsGRPCTipsGR Unknown New
edited September 2018 in General Banter

I posted a reply trying to help a Vanilla Forums user here, in this thread, however as soon as I finished typing I received a message saying that my comment needs to be approved (by a moderator or admin, I assume).

I never had this experience before, was there something that triggered a spam filter or was anything wrong in my message?

I want to know, so as to avoid using that word (if it was a word) or if it was just a simple bug. I am not blaming anyone.

Comments

• Options

yes it was the spam filter. it happens very rarely. False positive.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I don't think it is a bug. I think it was "Akismet" which flagged your comment as spam. I do not know how this works, but you might be able to find out more about that by using google.

I've approved your comment in the meantime

• Options
    PCTipsGRPCTipsGR Unknown New
    edited September 2018

@R_J said:
    I don't think it is a bug. I think it was "Akismet" which flagged your comment as spam. I do not know how this works, but you might be able to find out more about that by using google.

I've approved your comment in the meantime

Thanks :lol:, I didn't know the forum was using Akismet. I have similar issues in WordPress with it.