Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can we use this theme for the hosted vanilla forum on cpanel server

MiteshMitesh New
edited November 2018 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

Can we use this theme for the hosted vanilla forum on cpanel server
https://community.waveapps.com/categories/wave-discussion

Comments

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

Hi, can you explain what do you want to do? It isn't really clear :)

What I understand is that you want to use the theme from WaveApps on your own vanilla forums installation.
    So in this case the answer is no because this is a custom theme for them.
    Here you have a lot of available themes so you can choose from the addons section here :D
    But one question, why are you posting in the 2.0-2.3 categrory ? You do not use latest version (now 2.6.1 2.6.3) ?

• @K17 said:
    Hi, can you explain what do you want to do? It isn't really clear :)

What I understand is that you want to use the theme from WaveApps on your own vanilla forums installation.
    So in this case the answer is no because this is a custom theme for them.
    Here you have a lot of available themes so you can choose from the addons section here :D
    But one question, why are you posting in the 2.0-2.3 categrory ? You do not use latest version (now 2.6.1) ?

Hi,

Sorry, I was not aware about the 2.0-2.3 categrory, while I was posting this thread.

In regards to the theme, yes my forum is hosted on my own server and not from the cloud / vanillaforums. Is there any other unique and best UI skin available on the latest version ?

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

Ahah depends on what you call best ^^ That's why the community makes many themes here.
    For exemple you have the ColorBaseline theme that is just the +Baseline (default Vanilla 2 theme) but with color options and some color-filling tricks
    If you want a common Bootstrap theme you have one here
    Or a material design inspired one, or any other modern design.
    Depends on what you like. The important is to check compatibility because from the start of Vanilla 2, some changes break compatibility between versions.

Or if you have basics on CSS and HTML you can easily make your own theme ^^ It is simple :D
    And for making a theme you can use +Baseline and then make it yours :D

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

(Discussion moved to 2.6)

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

Just a quick note, Wave uses Boilerplate. You can use this on open source. Learn more https://blog.vanillaforums.com/new-boilerplate-theme-a-new-way-to-create-beautiful-themes-with-vanilla