Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Unable to see existing threads after update

Hi
Unless you register and/or log in you now no longer see the discussion threads that exist on my well established forum... What did I do wrong?
http://vwlt.co.uk/forum/
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Check if you have $Configuration['Garden']['PrivateCommunity'] = true; in your /conf/config

It is also possible that you have revoke the view permissions from guest role

• Options

Added that line which was missing but no change

• Options

No, you shouldn't set "Private" = true, because that would exclude guests from your forum, therefore you should have checked that :lol:

If you want to add something to your config, add $Configuration['Garden']['PrivateCommunity'] = false;.

Have you checked the permissions of the guest roles? You can also set individual permissions per category so that shoul be checked, too

• Options

• Options

@R_J said:
    Have you checked the permissions of the guest roles? You can also set individual permissions per category so that shoul be checked, too

I don't know how to do this?

• Options

You have to go to "your_forum.com/dashboard/role" and click the dit symbol of the guest role.

End the end of the screen you will find the "View" permissions for the categories:

You see that there is a default category and three of my categories (I have silly names in my test forum: GROUP, UND, MODERATORENBEREICH) have individual permissions and you have to check this settings, too.

• Options

I don't have that - I have this:

• Options

Please run yourforum.com/utility/structure

• Options

Done. Here's my Roles screen:

• Options

This should have nothing to do with your problem, but you need to set the default roles. Edit each role and pick the correct one

• Options

Hi
    I'm still stuck with this and would like to pay someone to fix this. How do I do that?
    Thanks

• Options

I'm having the exact same problem.

Heres what I have found so far.

. After updating from 2.5 (php5.6) to 2.6.4 (php7.0), every time I logout a "No Categories/Discutions were found." message appear.

. After running myforum.com/utility/structure I get this every time (not sure what to do with it).

alter table GDN_UserAuthenticationNonce
    -- [Existing: Timestamp timestamp not null default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, New: Timestamp timestamp not null]
    change Timestamp Timestamp timestamp not null;

alter table GDN_UserAuthenticationToken
    -- [Existing: Timestamp timestamp not null default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, New: Timestamp timestamp not null]
    change Timestamp Timestamp timestamp not null;

alter table GDN_AccessToken
    -- [Existing: DateInserted timestamp not null default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, New: DateInserted timestamp not null default current_timestamp]
    change DateInserted DateInserted timestamp not null default current_timestamp,
    -- [Existing: DateExpires timestamp not null default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, New: DateExpires timestamp not null default current_timestamp]
    change DateExpires DateExpires timestamp not null default current_timestamp;

update GDN_User User
    set Permissions = ''
    where Permissions <> '';

insert GDN_UserMeta
    (UserID, Name, Value)
    values ('0', 'stubcontent.record.locale', 'en');

. I recovered my old 2.5 version to find that it was the same problem with php 7.0 (I did check that my server has all the required stuff).

. Tried to go back to php 5.6 and everything is working again.

I did try a fresh install and the above problem persists.

When I try to a change users roles I get this:

Thanks

• Options

@maldonadoxico that PHP version hint looks promising! I'm trying to help @timaldiss and he is also using PHP 7.0 and there are really srange behaviors that I cannot explain.
    I (as a user with the admin role) cannot see any categories in the dashboard, although I cannot see any problems in the database concerning GDN_Role, GDN_Permission, GDN_Category and GDN_UserRole
    Can you go from PHP7.0 to 7.1 or above?
    (And don't mind about that utility/structure left overs, they will always appear)

@aajake13 @our420room
    Which PHP version do you use? Is it 7.0? If yes, do you have the possibility to upgrade to a newer PHP version? If yes, please do, retry and give feedback. Your problem might be connected to this one:

• Options

@maldonadoxico @aajake13 @our420room
    @timaldiss just reported back that a PHP version upgrade to 7.1 solved his problem

• Options

Hi, I can confirm that it works with PHP 7.1 and 7.2 for me to.
    Thanks for the help.