Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Compatibility issues with PHP7 (YAGA)

Hi, since upgrading to PHP7 I am getting errors with the YAGA application, in particular...

Gdn_ErrorException: Declaration of RankModel::Delete($RankID) should be compatible with Gdn_Model::delete($where = Array, $options = Array)

And

Declaration of RankModel::Get() should be compatible with Gdn_Model::get($OrderFields = '', $OrderDirection = 'asc', $Limit = false, $PageNumber = false)

Can anybody suggest the best solution?

Comments

• I just updated the various methods in YAGA do that they were compatible - can't see it being the best solution though as not very "upgradable". Hopefully any upgrades will address this issue though, so I guess it doesn't matter much.

• frafartfrafart New
    edited December 2018

Hi @pavsid can you share the solution to make this methods "compatible"?

That would be of help, thanks in advance!

Bests!

• @pioc34 great!, that branch worked!, I downloaded and renamed the folder to "yaga", then all the warnings are gone!

Thanks!!!

• I realized that there are 2 new warning now, but only when going to the Yaga.BestConteny, let me copy here:

Declaration of ActedModel::Get($UserID, $ActionID, $Limit = NULL, $Offset = 0) should be compatible with Gdn_Model::get($orderFields = '', $orderDirection = 'asc', $limit = false, $pageNumber = false)

0 ..../library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(143): gdn_ErrorHandler(2, 'Declaration of ...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 0, Array)

1 ..../library/Vanilla/AddonManager.php(143): include_once()

2 [internal function]: Vanilla\AddonManager->autoload('ActedModel')

3 [internal function]: spl_autoload_call('ActedModel')

4 ..../library/core/class.controller.php(954): class_exists('ActedModel')

5 ..../library/core/class.dispatcher.php(884): Gdn_Controller->getImports()

6 ..../library/core/class.dispatcher.php(806): Gdn_Dispatcher->createController('BestController', Object(Gdn_Request), Array)

7 ..../library/core/class.dispatcher.php(274): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatchController(Object(Gdn_Request), Array)

8 ..../index.php(29): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch()

Attempt to assign property of non-object

0 ..../library/core/functions.general.php(1713): gdn_ErrorHandler(2, 'Attempt to assi...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 1713, Array)

1 ..../applications/yaga/models/class.actedmodel.php(477): getRecord('comment', 1)

2 ..../applications/yaga/models/class.actedmodel.php(390): ActedModel->GetRecord('comment', 1)

3 ..../applications/yaga/models/class.actedmodel.php(317): ActedModel->Prepare(Array)

4 ..../applications/yaga/controllers/class.bestcontroller.php(52): ActedModel->GetRecent(10, 0)

5 ..../library/core/class.dispatcher.php(845): BestController->Index(0)

6 ..../library/core/class.dispatcher.php(274): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatchController(Object(Gdn_Request), Array)

7 ..../index.php(29): Gdn_Dispatcher->dispatch()

Any idea on how to solve this?

• pioc34pioc34 Pézenas ✭✭

The first is a simple notice with php 7. It's not problematic, you just have to hide them. I will look at it when i will have enough time.