Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

user roles with jsconnect

I have set up additional roles within vanilla, but I can't seem to pass the proper role through jsconnect. The user winds up with the "member" role. Some of the roles have two-word names, could this be the cause? I can shorten them to one word if need be.

Comments

• Make sure the roles you want mapped actually have corresponding values in your Vanilla.

After that, in your jsconnect.php from the mother site, make sure your logic is accurate

• The incoming roles from jsconnect did/do have matching roles in vanilla. I edited the vanilla role names to be a single word, no spaces or special characters, updated the incoming role names, and it is working.

The roles appear to be case-insensitive. The role names coming from jsconnect are all lower case, but the role names within vanilla are mixed case. The roles are properly assigned during the login process (jsconnect).