HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Minor updates to Addons directory on this site

I've made some cosmetic changes to the addon directory filter, sort, and search functionality. I've also replaced the "Core" filter with a new "Official" filter that will show the 2 Core items (the forum and Porter) followed by all plugins that are maintained by Vanilla Staff. I hope this makes it easier to find what you're looking for.

Comments

• Options
    rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

Great idea. May I propose another one? The sort order "Most Downloads" is not very useful since it includes the long tail of history of unsupported plugins. For example, the one on the top of the list on the "Most Downloads" is the "WhosOnline" which was last updated in 2012...

Can we have "Most Downloads in last 2 years?"

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

It's a fine idea. First order of business would be to timestamp the downloads or at least divide them by version so that would even be possible. Currently there's just 1 giant bucket counter for all-time.

For the record, WhosOnline should still work! I suppose I should just take over that addon and update it. We have an internal fork (I honestly don't even know why it's closed source - sometimes developers make capricious decisions about what repo things go in).

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Fixed: https://open.vanillaforums.com/addon/whosonline-plugin

Now if someone would fix that stupid encoding error in the title 😑

• Options
    rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019

I wonder whether a good enough approximation would simply be to sort by download count while filtering out anything not updated in the last two years (admittedly as as demonstrated by the whois plugin this would miss some old and still working plugins).

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2019

I think a version based filter is fair.

I also would like to get rid of/archive or depreciate addons.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

As ever, I welcome nominations for deletion based on brokenness/incompatibility and a non-responsive author.