Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Email configuration

Hey guys, running into some issues of getting Vanilla to send out emails. I'm using OVH pro email and the Vanilla forums is hosted on a different server, OVH manages email and DNS. I can send emails to and from the webmail on OVH so it seems that Vanilla isn't connecting correctly to OVH outgoing

Vanilla settings:

Settings from OVH's guide:

Where am i going wrong? tried SSL and TSL emails still aren't going to my hotmail or gmail accounts

Tagged:

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

My answer is late and maybe not really helpful, but I'm wondering if you really can use no-reply@... as the user for the SMTP server. I would have expected something different in such a field. Something which is customer related to the OVH service

• I have made the user "no-reply" that user can send and receive enails just find, its an issue with Vanilla Forums email configuration when using a 3rd party mail service

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I've used sparkpost without any issues. Therefore I was looking for suspicious settings in your screenshot