HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Do the new line breaks have to stay?

2»

Answers

• charrondevcharrondev Developer Lead (PHP, JS) Montreal Vanilla Staff

Ok. I've just given it a test and that CSS snippet does indeed remove the double breaks on the latest versions of vanilla.

Screenshot from my localhost.

• wjcroftwjcroft William J. Croft / Mount Shasta, CA / OpenBCI forum admin New

Wow, Adam @charrondev , thanks very much. You guys are great.

I did find your theme customization page, so will follow those suggestions on how to integrate your CSS addition,

Best regards,

William Croft, OpenBCI

edited June 2019

@wjcroft unfortunately that plug-in is cloud only. If you are looking for a quick way to add some custom CSS to your forum I’d recommend trying the pockets plugin.

You can then put an pocket in the document head, and put a style tag in there.

• wjcroftwjcroft William J. Croft / Mount Shasta, CA / OpenBCI forum admin New

Adam @charrondev thank you.

Prior to your Pockets suggestion I did first create a custom.css file in the themes/keystone/design folder, with your recommended snippet:

.userContent div > br {
        display: none;
    }

And it works great. Cleans up 90% of the glitches in the posts from the old 2.1.8 database. I do understand now that your hosted Vanilla has a way to edit CSS directly from the dashboard.

I was intending to look into the Pockets plugin for some other site theme-ing, so will possibly move your CSS over there.

Very grateful for your suggestions.

William Croft, OpenBCI

I wasn't aware of the CSSEdit plugin!

My personal preference is actual to a custom theme, checked into git using our theme boilerplate, but I understand that it's definitely harder to get into. It's also a bit overkill for a few CSS snippets here and there.