Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Q&A Plugin not working?

2»

Comments

• Okay, done. Plugin is reinstalled and activated.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

do you want 2 big buttons (one for new discussions and one for ask a question) OR a scrolldown box for ask a question?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• i think 2 big buttons are ok

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

around line 941... in class.qna.plugin.php

do you see this....

/**
    * Add 'Ask a Question' button if using BigButtons.
    */
       public function DiscussionController_Render_Before($Sender) {
          if (C('Plugins.QnA.UseBigButtons')) {
             $QuestionModule = new NewQuestionModule($Sender, 'plugins/QnA');
             $Sender->AddModule($QuestionModule);
          }

if ($Sender->Data('Discussion.Type') == 'Question') {
             $Sender->SetData('_CommentsHeader', T('Answers'));
          }
       }

just add the following code below it..

public function DiscussionsController_Render_Before($Sender) {
        if (C('Plugins.QnA.UseBigButtons')) {
        $QuestionModule = new NewQuestionModule($Sender, 'plugins/QnA');
        $Sender->AddModule($QuestionModule);
        }
        if ($Sender->Data('Discussion.Type') == 'Question') {
        $Sender->SetData('_CommentsHeader', T('Answers'));
        }
        }

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• then add these lines to your conf/config.php

add these lines to your config.php

$Configuration['Plugins']['QnA']['UseBigButtons'] = TRUE;

$Configuration['Modules']['Vanilla']['Panel'] = array('MeModule', 'UserBoxModule', 'GuestModule', 'NewDiscussionModule', 'NewQuestionModule','DiscussionFilterModule', 'SignedInModule', 'Ads');

• then if you don't have any errors.

do this

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/208151/#Comment_208151

• Very nice. It works fine.
    Thank you so much

• batting 100 now. cool.

• subdreamersubdreamer San Jose, CA
    edited September 2014

Thank you so much, @peregrine‌! Not sure if this has been asked before but do you know if it's possible to have the users ask questions in a dedicated forum instead of having them choose from the forum drop-down? Thanks!

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

@subdreamer said:
    Thank you so much, peregrine‌! Not sure if this has been asked before but do you know if it's possible to have the users ask questions in a dedicated forum instead of having them choose from the forum drop-down? Thanks!

I would guess you could just hide the dropdown by leaving it commented out and only have an ask a question button displayed.

either by css or modifying php

• Hi, i activated the plugin and want to enable point awards but when i save i get this -

• QnA.Points.Answer is required.
    • QnA.Points.AcceptedAnswer is required.

Any suggestion how to fix?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Sounds as if you haven't activated it, but only changed the entry in the config. When you click activate it in the plugins overview, some config settings are made. You can "fix" that by deactivating and re-enabling the plugin.

• That didn't work. Everytime i enable the plugin and go to the settings to enable point rewards I can't save it because those 2 errors come up.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

When you click on the switch to enable point awards, the settings dialog should be enlarged to show two additional input boxes where you need to add some values. Do those two input boxes appear? If not, you have a JavaScipt problem and should take a look at the JavaScript console of your browser to get more information about it

• I also encountered this issue. To fix,

If you're using Safari, just uncheck the "Disable Extensions" in Develop menu. This will enable the two input boxes to appear in Q&A settings dialog when you enable the points awards.

• jhcjhc New
    edited November 2020

Hi

I'm getting the same error when I try to enable point awards for the QnA plugin:

There are no errors in my browser console (chrome). I'm using Vanilla 3.3.

• Hi. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? I have not been able to resolve this.