HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Articles 1.2.0 Released

2»

Comments

• @R_J -

That worked and got me to my next error which was that it was unable to drop FX_Articles_AttributionUserID, which makes sense as it didn't exist in the table.

I looked through structure.php but don't know enough about Garden/the way Vanilla is structured to determine what the issue was so I decided to give the baby its bottle: I created an AttributionUserID column on Articles and added an index named FX_Articles_AttributionID, both of which Articles setup cheerfully dropped and as if by magic, I'm up and running in test with Articles 1.2.0.

Thanks!

• @Shadowdare -

Now that I have Articles 1.2.0 in a dev environment (see my notes to R_J in the comments above) and can see it, I see I got a few things wrong and it also made me re-think what I'm really asking for. I believe this simplifies things greatly.

First, you DO have an option to place an Articles link in the site menu, so that request is already fulfilled.

Next, I had the placement of the Articles link in the user menu incorrect in the Keystone Theme. It is, as in the Baseline+, between the "favorites" icon and the "user settings" icon (see below).

As you'll see in a moment, that's a problem in Keystone because the link text matches the background but if I were to highlight the link (drag and hold the cursor over it), the text reads "Articles Dashboard.

I think it would be more than enough to just give me an option to suppress the generation of that link in that location as Easy Membership does with that "flyout" option (reference my previous comments in this thread).

Here are some more screen shots so you can visualize:

Keystone:

Baseline+:

Longer term, it would be really nice if you are going to add something to the User Menu, to do it as an icon with a link. Adding it as text breaks the idiom.

Admittedly I don't know enough about Vanilla's framework to know how practical that is.

As you can see in the above, it's not aesthetically pleasing in either theme. In keystone it can really be problematic as real estate in that header is at a premium.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I apologize for potentially sending you down the wrong path before.

JP

• @Shadowdare -

Testing 2.1.0 in Vanilla 3.2 ...

Existing articles display with no problem.

When I go to the dashboard and attempt to edit an existing article I get this:

When I attempt to add a new article I get this:

I must seem like the angel of death to you at this point. Sorry. 😧

JP

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited October 2019

@R_J, thank you! Would you be willing to submit a pull request with the structure.php fixes?

@toolsmythe, AttributionUserID has been removed since Articles v1.2.0. InsertUserID is now used for the purpose.

From now on, I'll support the Keystone theme instead of Baseline for the design elements as it is Vanilla's default theme now.

I actually did fix that menu bug in the work-in-progress code so it shows up in the MeModule dropdown correctly:

By the way, there is also a setting to "show article categories in the panel in a drop-down menu instead of a list" on the /articles index. It was developed for the Baseline theme, so it probably needs to be updated for Keystone, too.

No worries about all the feedback! It's very helpful and I'll keep adding on to the list of things to fix for the next release.

Here are a couple screenshots of the work-in-progress dashboard design update:

I tried not to delay updates for this, but I've had a full plate with work and numerous projects lately. I'm setting aside more time to work on this whenever I get a chance. 😃

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Not today and maybe not even at this weekend, sorry!

• This is all good stuff @Shadowdare! Looking forward to the release!

• subdreamersubdreamer San Jose, CA
  • Hello

I have an issue with the application I am new to vanilla.

My version 3.3.

When I try to add a new article, the textarea for the body hidden

But I can édit the-first-article

.Thank you for your help.

• Hi. Is it has been fixed? working on 3.3?

Thanks.