"Something gone wrong" - no discussions can be opened
I have the vanilla forum for a while now, and recently I changed the adres. I had trouble moving the forum to the new adres, but in the end it worked out by using a back up and putting that into the right position after deleting everything. But, now it turns out none of the discussions can be opened, and we get the "something went wrong" page. I asked my host antagonist, but they can't find anything in my error logs (I'm not very good with html and all that, so I don't know where to find them). They suggested we ask here, maybe somebody here can help out?
I'm talking about this forum: https://www.cooperatie-ongeeikt.nl/forum/ (it's private, for internal communication). We have version 3.3. It came from stadscooperatieassen.nl, which isn't online anymore.
I guess the posts are referring to a wrong place so it can't find them, but ...???? I have no idea how to figure this out, so I need some help. Also new discussions can't be opened (though they can be placed).
Thanks a lot for the help.
In MyPHP admin I can see all the discussions, the old and the new ones, and everything else. So it's there, but for some reason the forum doesn't know how to acces it?
Please check if you have the mb_string extension enabled. IIRC that is a typical symtom if that extension is missing.
Wrong/older PHP version gave me some partial similar issue once.
MB-string was already enabled.
PHP was 7.2. Updated it to 7.4, but still can't open the discussions...
Which file (or I don't know how you call this) is responsible for linking the discussions, when you open them? To get you to the right page? I guess thats where the issue is, but I have no clue which file I should open...
I found a way to get the full debug information:
Fatal Error in PHP.gdn_ErrorHandler();
Table 'deb116239_vf4.GDN_ThanksLog' doesn't exist
The error occurred on or near: /public_html/forum/library/database/class.database.php
Variables in local scope:
If you are a user of this website, you can report this message to a website administrator.
If you are an administrator of this website, you can get help at the Vanilla Community Forums.
Additional information for support personnel:
Solved it! I saw something about the plugin 'thankful people' in the debug information, so I disabled that. That plugin was the problem.
Okay... Solved the first issue, but now I used the "Set
$Configuration['Debug'] = true;in your
conf/config.phpto reveal full error messages. Remember to remove it when you are done." and I can't get rid of all the notifications anymore. The line I had to put in config.php is gone, tried putting in the same line but using 'false' instead of true, tried deleting the cache/addon but now the forum is overloaded with errors underneath all the pages...
Sorry, got it. Most errors were because of php7.4, so I switched to 7.3 and the errors disappeared.
And, the debug = true disappeared somewhere between all other lines, not where I put it. So, deleted it and the remaining extra info things are gone too.