HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Emoji Became just a question mark Vanilla 3.3

Hello. after the migration to the new server. The emoji using Rich Editor when posting it became a question mark (?)

please see the attached image below...

https://us.v-cdn.net/5018160/uploads/477/Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 6.58.50 AM.png There was an error displaying this embed.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    manticore789manticore789 Down Under New

Also an issue with me. including also problems with European languages in terms of accents, umlauts etc.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Most probably you will find some hints for solving that problem in that discussion: https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/38078/3-3-special-character-encoding-in-rich-editor-not-working-umlaute

• Options

Hi guys. Anyone.. help please..

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I would still think it's that problem. Have you checked with phpinfo() that the encoding really is UTF8? Is that also the encoding of your database? Is the html encoding (when you inspect the html source of the rendered page) also UTF8 encoding?

• Options
    jay3rrrjay3rrr New
    edited May 2020

hi @R_J. Yes i'm pretty sure about it because that is the default char set to my server. i can't load the phpinfo to vanilla forum i don't know how to allow it to .htaccess. i will post here the other website's phpinfo in the same cPanel account.

i wonder why, if I using desktop/loptop the smiley appears, but not in the mobile.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Have you verified the database is identical, including that the Discussion.Body & Comment.Body fields are utf8mb4?

• Options

Hi Linc.

Actually ever since that char set "UTF8" is always on my setup. Regarding to "Discussion.Body & Comment.Body fields are utf8mb4" Please see the pics below

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

It's weird to me that your table types are mixed between MyISAM and InnoDB. Any idea how that happened? Probably irrelevant.

The global & table-level Collation is not the same as the column-level, so these screenshots don't actually answer my question.

• Options
    jay3rrrjay3rrr New
    edited May 2020

hello Linc. i'm not an expert but i think it's that happens because i've been just forcing to used InnoDB as storage, and actually the default collation it should be general. That is the orig settings in my old and installation server of Vanilla.

in my old server i don't have any issue in Vanilla's emoji but that server is so slow and still using old environment (OS) database i been used is MySQL (i think the handler is CGI), but i need to migrate, now im using MariaDB and PHP-FPM activated. The Vanilla forum is running awesome to this server but that is the only issue, the emoji. My speculation i had a missing files (i'm not sure) because in the mobile, the emoji's option is not available.