HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Allow html code in comments

How can i allow code like this

<div style="background-color:blue;color:white;padding:20px"> Some text</div>

In previous vanilla we had a plugion htmlLawed. But that does not work anymore on versions 3.3

Please advice

Tagged:

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited September 2020

It's a security flaw to allow that, because you can then maliciously use the style to obscure or replace other parts of the page.

• I know that. I want to know how to enable it not why it is turned off.

• if i am the administrator i should be able to add this kind of code.

• RMonsenRMonsen New
    edited September 2020

I assume you are using the Advanced editor here, since the rich editor doesn't allow you to type html at all.

The advanced editor cleans the html using client-side javascript, you can edit the plugins/editor/js/advanced.js to set up whitelisting for what you want to allow.

editor.js also have an example at the bottom how to hook into the custom parse event, which is a better approach than editing advanced.js directly.

I had the same need as you, so this is what I found myself when digging through the files, maybe there is a better option. I am no expert here, I just figured this out a few days ago.

I don't know how to turn the filtering completely off, I have only experimented with the whitelisting in those files.

In addition, the core class library/core/class.vanillahtmlformatter.php cleans the style tags from the tags serverside before displaying the content, see line 214.

Keep in mind what Linc said though, security isn't something you should take lightly.