HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Everything is wrong with this theme

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Dear Vanilla Team,

I am simply breathless... it’s absurd above all things. How would someone release such a theme to an official forum?

I would consider firing this person.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
Tagged:

Comments

• Same thing here and i dont understand where are "plugins" and "themes" pages.

• suppect it is an incomplete update or was updated incorrectly.

grep is your friend.

• there is a bunch of static assets pre-compiled and minified. and version system based on a hash typical of pre-cached resources.

Quite likely there is a mismatch of resources.

grep is your friend.

• The way I deploy to site I can often roll back (although running the update can make the data model incomparable). I suggest they redepoy the previous theme

grep is your friend.

• obviously thsi should be deployed to a staging site first.

grep is your friend.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited October 2020

Please @charrondev give us a helping hand here. Buttons have no hovers, search buttons appear twice on the start page, footer is not flowing on bottom of the login page, edit and functions do not work, etc. etc.

How could it happen that a theme like that gets released?

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • it is seems to me that either this was released in error and there is alack of awareness of it, or whoever released it was not adequately prepared, and they are not sure how to solve the issue.

@Todd @Tim

grep is your friend.

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

Thanks. We're dealing with a deployment problem at the moment which is why the theme appears broken. Its actually not loaded at all, so thats why things aren't where they should be.

@phreak A deep facepalm in your direction.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• are teh addons going to be put back up?

grep is your friend.

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

Should be sorted now.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• LOL . This thread, shall I say, was a case of Honey versus Vinegar.... oh, do add a little Ginger to mitigate the coldness of it all, ahem ahem ... I have a little sore throat lol.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

I can live with one facepalm. In this match the OS community is surely not the one holding the advantage. ;)

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

I would consider firing this person.

I volunteer as tribute.