Vanilla Forum Containerized
I spent some time trying to figure out how to deploy Vanilla Forum for a DeFi community project my company was starting and I really liked Vanilla Forum.
I wanted to create:
1) Containerized Vanilla Forum (Frontend Web App) with a separate container running a MySQL database.
I wanted to do this for Development & Testing.
2) Containerized Vanilla Forum (Frontend Web App) only, with a MySQL database running on AWS RDS MySQL
This is for production use. Where there is a segregation between the frontend and backend. The front end would sit on a public subnet in AWS and the database would sit on a private subnet.
I would like the OpenSource Vanilla Forum community to evaluate my setup. This was I can get the community's feedback and ways I can improve my setup.
In the linked repo I am using:
- PHP:7.4-apache image
- Vanilla Forum version 2021.009
- For the MySQL container - MySQL:5.7 image
- I've also includes a .env file where you can change the database credentials