HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Need additional Porter support?

If anyone has a database dump for a widely distributed forum software that isn't currently supported, I'll add support for it if you provide a complete MySQL dump. You can contact me here or email lincoln AT icrontic.com.

Note this offer is NOT for bespoke / custom forums. It needs to be software other people will reasonably have used.

If it's under 100K comments / users, I'll even send you the final export file if you want.

Expect a turnaround time of 3-4 weeks.

Since the Internet is forever, lets say the offer expires at the end of 2021 unless I update this.

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited October 2021

Note on personal info in database dumps: You can anonymize emails, IPs etc if you want — I will delete them afterward regardless. Also willing to sign a very narrow NDA for personal information contained in the dump if you'd like to take me up on the actual export file offer but worry I am secretly building a mailing list or something. [Narrator: He is extremely not.]

I've been involved in the Vanilla project for over a decade (the beginning) and am probably the easiest person on the Internet to dox if you're worried I'm some fly-by-night scoundrel. However, I am not (currently) employed by Vanilla nor Higher Logic; this is an offer as an individual.

I may use things like excerpts of comments for creating test data. This is to make the porter bug-resistant. I am not an idiot (usually) and will not use text that is obviously personal or sensitive to your community.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

If you have a community where you cannot retrieve a MySQL dump but do have API access, you can reach out and we can discuss. No promises, and probably a longer timeline even if I agreed, but I'm interested.

• Options

Cool