Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Adding custom discussion form for select categories

2»

Comments

• Sorry I'm trying this again as I saw Jazzman finished a poll ext so I was hoping for some help on this
  • anybody?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    As they say above, you need to add the new columns to your discussion table. Then you attach to a delegate in the start discussion form and add your inputs. Finally, you attach to a delegate in the save discussion method of the discussion manager and add your new fields to the insert statement. It's really that easy.

If you don't know how to do that, then you're probably going to have to pay someone who can program to do it for you.
  • Well I had no idea it was that easy! :) O.K. so my budget is limited but I am willing to pay - anybody up for the task? - Thanks Mark
  • mm id love to have this aswell. Yet no money for me :( However how hard would it be to make it so the feilds would only appear if a certain category was selected.
  • I'd also like to see an extension to easily manage custom fields. I'm trying to add a field so poster can optionally attach an external link to the topic (source of the info, for example). What Mark explains doensn't seem difficult, indeed. Maybe this could be moved into the requests category? :)
This discussion has been closed.