Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Any Vanilla promotional buttons ??

13»

Comments

• Options
    OMFGAWD!!1

I'm using that one AssProphet (Vanilla Muscles). Fo sho.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Alrighty... First for those of you who like the orbs.

imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage

Now for the standard buttons

imageimageimage
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimage

All of the orbs are transparent pngs, if you can't do transparent pngs on your site, copy the image url and change where it says "transparent" to say "white_bg" and you can get versions with white backgrounds.

If anyone needs the vectors I did this in Illustrator and I can provide them.

Edit: Obviously there are tons of different possible combinations of some of these buttons. If you want other combinations I'll do that too. Also if you have an idea for a button that you'ld like to see I'll be glad to make it (provided I think it sounds good).
  • Options
    Nice. :)
  • Options
  • Options
    I like it :)

but I don't like flashing buttons... I'm torn!
  • Options
    Could we have Assprophet's photo with the slogan "Don't be a gorilla - get Vanilla!" :)
  • Options
    Great work, Assy! The chemical one is awesome.

I'm torn between round black, no slogan and the vanilla leaf with "sweet forums" underneath. But to blen in my site, I reckon I'll want to go with somehing lighter (such as the smaller, light blueish circle)
  • Options
    Great!
  • Options

:)
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    nice STE7130!

Alright calling all pixels, I've got to make some tiny versions of these...
  • Options
    like the last one simple but with contrast !
  • Options
    They are cool! Great job making them.
  • Options
    Whats with the Vanilla name where did it come from and what does the logo mean are those green leaves ?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    The name Vanilla came from the notion that I wanted to make a "plain and simple" web forum. Vanilla is the most basic version of something. The "vanilla version".

The logo was designed based on the vanilla leaf.
  • Options
    AssProphet, maybe you could also make versions of different color; like yellow, pink, red, purple, olive etc. so that people could choose one that fits their website color combinations. Is it posible? :)
  • Options
    off topic, sorry, but check this out:
    AssProphet, maybe you could also make versions of different color; like yellow, pink, red, purple, olive etc. so that people could choose one that fits their website color combinations. Is it posible? :)
  • Options
    I think the main colors I've already used should suffice for most people, but if you have a different need, I'd be glad to design buttons for specific color schemes. I'll need the hex color value you want to use as the base and a link to the site (if possible) so I can try to make it fit.

Also since I did this in Illustrator if anyone out there wants the vector source files I can pass upload them. I've also ported the orb logos to Flash incase that is more accessible to some people.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Sorry, to answer some earlier questions: Power in Simplicity is the Mambo slogan. Silkscreen by Jason Kottke (free) is the industry standard for 80x15 blog buttons. Get it here: http://www.kottke.org/plus/type/silkscreen/ Beautiful orbs, Ass! It'd be nice if you could upload the vectors in Flash!
  • Options
    Nice set of buttons, AP. :)

Adam Kalsey will do the lettering for you.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    here we go Vanilla Orbs in flash vector:

vanilla_orbs.fla
This discussion has been closed.