Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Webdesign: Did a mistake with a customer

akbakb
edited October 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Ha, I hope this is the last topic I open today *lol* Sorry for this, but I simply think I can find nice people in here that could maybe help me... I will stop spamming with such topics right after this one, promised :-) @Topic: I am new in web design business, at least on my own. I have got my first own "big fish" and did a great mistake at the beginning. To get this customer I knew I had to fall back with my hourly wages. I did this because I really want to have this one, and since it is my first bigger one, it is okay for me... so far. But I did the mistake to be not spontanously when he asked me whether the wages are with or without tax, so the current state is that it's with taxes included, which makes 16% less for me. And since I already decreased the wages in a great amount, the same _including_ the taxes is really too far under my normal hourly wages. I can not do this for more than this first project (planned are several projects, so this one is only 1/8 of the potential this customer gives me), it is simply too little. So my question is: How could I negotiate that I have to raise the wages for the next project, without harming the customer as being too stingy or too artful? How would you negotiate that you have to take more than it was said for the first project? Well, the greatest problem is that I am not that self-confident in such things... how would you behave in such a situation?

Comments

• You could increase the 16% stating the company is now within the new taxing bracket and is required by law to apply taxes.
  • hmm... this wont work, because he knows that I pay taxes and this all came up when he asked me if the prize was with or without tax.
  • ah. skuppered that plan then. err... PC blew up ? :)
  • lol... dont think so :D
  • well I dunno it's always worked for me! corr, I dunno what you could do! (thats no very helpful is it)
This discussion has been closed.