Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Roles...

edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I am running into problems trying to decide what to name the different roles on my install and what they should be able to do... I guess I was wondering what other people have for a roles system... Mine-> Administrator (Full) Assistant Administrator (Partial, edits custom pages and such) Moderator (takes care of the discussions) Power User (can view another board, vip?) Member (normal)

Comments

• What do you mean by 'can view another board'? All the other role names are very well chosen, as they are self-explaining, I think.
  • The power user can view another category(sorry, used to being on other software... boards/categories...lol) Yeah idk, the hardest part is trying to decide how much they should be able to do. Such as on one of my boards, I have 2 good friends who are the moderators, and since I have been working on another site, I gave them an account that has all permissions... so they use their account for moderating and if they need permissions that they dont have, they use the admin account.
  • Still so not understand what means "another category". Can normal user not see any category?
  • no they cannot see that category, it is sort of a vip lounge...
  • I see. Then I would use Member and VIP Member, as you already said. That is self-explaining. Very well chosen, so. :)
This discussion has been closed.