Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

New Documentation Wiki Live

MarkMark Vanilla Staff
edited August 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Check it out at lussumo.com/docs

Also note that there is a new document up there about "Order of Execution" in Vanilla. Tomorrow's installment should be TWICE as interesting.

Comments

• Options
    So i'm browsing through and i notice under the blocking comments heading the images or image code is missing. Is this the sort of thing i should be fixing? I assume it'd be best having the example image on your server so someone else doesnt get pissed off with your documentation linking there the whole time...which limits me a little.
  • Options
    great start... the order of execution stuff explains a bit more.
  • Options
    Yes that is very nice indeed.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    mini - thanks for the heads up. I think the best rule of thumb when you come across something that you know is wrong, but you're not sure about how to proceed is: write FIXME in there and put a note explaining what's wrong. I'll try to keep watch by the "recent changes" button and will look for FIXME's.
  • Options
    *salutes
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Scottish and I added the Bugs section. I think I added a changelog section prematurely though since I haven't taken the filebrowser into account when making it. I guess it could be forked into specific pages for each application leading to their respective changelogs otherwise both existing on the same page.
  • Options
    Oooh... we didn't make the Bugs page specific to Vanilla, either.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    yeah :| i think I did a little damage control in that respect, mark could delete or modify it though, so we have a start.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    A note about namespaces: I've been trying to put all things vanilla into a Vanilla: namespace and all things Filebrowser into a Filebrowser: namespace. Check out the index and you'll see what I mean: http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?do=index&id=home *note that I moved your changelog and bug listings into the vanilla namespace :)
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Alright, cool. Thanks mark :)
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Oh no - thank you guys for taking the initiative. Aside from the bulky developer & extension documentation that I've got to take on, please feel free to even go in and do some of the "Administrators Documentation" pages if you feel so inclined. I'll be sure to check them out and make any corrections if need be -but you guys all seem to have a pretty good feel for Vanilla administration at this point. Thanks again :)
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Just to prevent us from stepping on each others toes, what is live on the wiki is all you've done so far, right? I just don't wan't to go through the installation routine to learn you've alread created one offline.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Yeah - that's the latest information up there.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    posted installation stuffs
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Wow. Awesome. Thanks! I think it might be worth our while to break that up a bit - giving some of those other headings their own page... that's already a lot of reading on one page... Right?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I'm talking about: # Global Settings Form # Roles # Categories # Sticky, Closed, Hidden # Spam Protection # Cleanup # Ip Histories # Tips & Tricks for Administrators # Trouble-Shooting & Errors
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Yeah - I think I'll do that...
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Yeah, not until I started to preview it did I notice it grow exponentially. I guess I'm pretty thorough that way and what I wrote there still needs some additional info and probably a couple fixes along with a good spell checking. But overall, I think I nailed most angles of installation and upgrading.
  • Options
    lamentlament
    edited July 2005
    can i suggest posting a link next to each wiki extension entry? the link would be to the discussion of the extension here on the forum.

because if you don't come here and you look at the extension, you might not know how it works or its uses.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    /me cracks his whip GET TO IT!
This discussion has been closed.