Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

weirdness when posting HTML

fuarfuar New
edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
For some reason all the comments i post with HTML in them seem to come out as blocked even though they aren't, if I click block, and then unblock it renders properly, this happens both with text-only on and off.

Any ideas?

Comments

• edited July 2005
    http://lussumo.com/community/comments.php?DiscussionID=550&page=1#Item_6 Check my comment there. It's possible that's entirely and totally related to that. can you post some screenshots? or post a step by step instructions on how to create the problem? edit: clarified my question
  • I figured it out, my comments were text as default, stupid me.
  • ah, but it does point out an interesting bug whereby text comments are turned into HTML comments and could potentially be used FOR EVIL™
  • but that "format comments as" stuffs below this input doesn't appear in my forum, is it some extension?
  • you need to enable extensions for the HTML and markdown options (and Textile too if you want that one)
  • they are enabled, but still no format options... :(
    and all my users seems to be set for text as default...
  • They're under Settings, Manage Extensions, HTML Formatter and Markdown.
  • I'm out of ideas for you then.

Are you using 0.9.2.2?*

* default question for troubleshooting :)
  • i am
  • the format options appears on other people's browsers on my forum, so why can't i see them?

this just gets weirder and weirder
  • fixed it.
    but is it possible to set HTML as the default value when new users are created?
  • I know there's a per-user preference to set what your choice is. Don't remember seeing a global/default one though.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited July 2005
    Did you have "hide comment formats" enabled on your profile or something? The default format is defined in appg/settings.php DEFAULTSTRINGFORMAT The default is Text because Vanilla comes with Text as the only enabled option. There is currently no way to change this option through Vanilla administration. I sense a feature-request coming on :)
  • Old post but Mark can you create a feature to enable and disable HTML or Text?

SnaveZ :)
  • @SnaveZ: plugins exist for vanilla1 for this (this discussion is about v1)