Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

List of Delegates

KrakKrak New
edited May 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Is there (or has anyone compiled) a list of where all the delegates are? Like what file its in, which line, and where it is located a rendered Vanilla page.

Comments

• Yeah, that would be awesome if there was something that listed all the delegates. But then again... With some 170+ it would probably be better to just go look at the code you want to affect and see if there is a delegate in that place.
  • Maybe we should add a page to the wiki. Then people can add them as they find em.
  • I made a list for Vanilla 1, from a search that nearly crashed my editor.

A tad outdated now, though. It doesn't include delegate parameters which would be essential companions to the list.
  • i have been wanting to make one. actually i even started with lot of enthusiasm. then i realized i cannot upload images to the wiki. I have to send it to mark every time. and then my enthusiasm died.
    a list is no good unless it shows u where the output if any if going to show up. for that I need tons and tons of screenshots
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    Not true, if you can wrap your head around the code in the first place and can pinpoint where it's going to execute and display as a result it's not a huge issue :)
  • I figured something like a list of 1. NameOfDelegate - folder/filename.php - line 34 - delegate parameters - then a short description, below the page footer. 2. NameOfDelegate - folder/filename.php - line 40 - delegate parameters - then a short description, below the page footer. 3. etc would do the trick just fine, screens are not required. Just something basic as a guide to delegates to keep from spending hours looking for them.
  • screens ARE required. I'm telling you these delegates seem to pop out in places that u won't expect them to. For newbies its going to create headaches. for us we can look at the code and know whats ups. A newbie just want to know What will be shown and where and how to do it. without looking at the code and figuring it out.
  • Screenshots might be good in some places, but you can't even make screenshots of some things. You couldn't show a preloaddata or postloaddata delegate. Those just hook in somewhere in the code, not in the display of things. Screenshots or not, a list of things would be good.
  • KrakKrak New
    edited May 2007
    I never meant for this to be a how to for "newbies", they will always come to the forum for that. Just a list of delegates for those who know what to do. Never said screenshots would not be nice, just that they are not required. I doubt anyone has the time to maintain a site like that. I just suggested a simple list to be made. Something a lot easier to do I would think. Mark ideas? Don't happen to have a list already do ya
  • ok making it right now
    krak then u can update it as needed.
  • /me ponders learning enough about cat and grep to generate this list automatically whenever Vanilla is updated.
  • edited May 2007
    Wallphone I don't want a list. I want complete documentation. Krak wants a list. List is a start, and I'm making it so that u can extend it to complete documentation of it. http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?id=vanilla:development:listofdelegates I didn't mention line numbers cause they will keep changing. Instead I'm listing it under "Methods" so u can easily find the delegate. Delegates from one control are in different files as well. So i have them grouped under Files as well.
  • no comments?
  • Looks good.
This discussion has been closed.