Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Mark as read, Mark as unread

edited March 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Would be cool to have the ability to Mark a discussion as read or unread if the user wishes to read it later on or what ever... or even a whole category...? *Edit> Don't know whether this would be considered to be a add-on or feature request that could be added in next version of Vanilla?

Comments

• edited December 2007
    This has been already discussed a couple of times:
    Mark as unread (not read) # 1
    Mark Unread # 1

As you can see a bunch of people (including me) would be quite interested by such a feature too :)
  • I'd also be interested in this.
  • You mean mark a *single discussion* as read or unread? You don't need a "mark single discussion as read" option, just read it. "Mark single discussion as unread" would be pretty easy, you just have to erase the "UserDiscussionWatch" entry for the appropriate discussion & user.

... I could probably add this feature to Mark All Read Redux... though it wouldn't be so straight forward, due to the way that extension works...

I'll put it on my to-do list, but I'm pretty busy right now, so it might be a bit before I get around to adding it.
  • this would be really awesome
    i like this idea
This discussion has been closed.