Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is Vanilla going anywhere?

edited January 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Haven't been here in a while, but looking through some posts all I see is add-ons being developed and the last release was October last year? Seems to have hit a stop.. Or is it just me?

Comments

• it is just you
    every time i come on there seems to be a new addon made
    not every time
    very often

like yesterday one was made/updated
    today another
  • I've already said about the Add-ons, I love people reading. :)

I'm on about Vanilla core.
  • AFAIK, the main developer has handed over the reins for others to maintain and update the core. I don't think he has plans to really update Vanilla significantly. Though there have been faint whispers of Vanilla 2...
  • who whispers....
    awesome
    maybe there would be that new whisper feature ....
    it would be soo cool

it would be awesome
    vanilla 2.1.4
    yeah!!
  • ...all I see is add-ons being developed and the last release was October last year?

That's rather the point of Vanilla, isn't it? Plain core, users add the features they want with add-ons?
  • Mark has plans for Vanilla 2. There's just nothing decided yet. Check his blog.
  • To a certain extent squirrel, but when you have Mark talking about "Vanilla 2" at that talk is months and months ago, then it makes you wonder about the state of progress.
  • There is rather question: "where do we want Vanilla to go to?"
  • Months and months ago? This blog entry is dated from December 4th, 2007, which makes, err, less than two months ago. Maybe I would be worried if it was 2006...
  • Vanilla core seems particularly stable. I think the reason most of the development is happening on add-ons, because that is where the work needs to be done.
  • Does vanilla need to go anywhere?
  • Has everyone who wants Vanilla to go somewhere made a donation?
  • BenBen
    edited January 2008
    I'm with Mini. The Vanilla Core is perfectly stable, bug-free and extremely extensible.
    If Vanilla lacks a feature, you can make an extension and add it.

There's nothing wrong with it at all. No need to 'go' anywhere.
  • that is true
  • Does vanilla need to go anywhere?

Needs a Calendar Add-on...
  • Definitely needs a calendar Add-on!
  • so when did they start the calender addon?
  • edited January 2008
    I agree with much of what Mark has to say about Vanilla 2, but what would it mean for Vanilla to "go the way of social networking sites"? I admit I'm not into social networking sites, so I'm not sure what he means.
This discussion has been closed.