Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Attachments issues

edited March 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I've searched, but can find no similar troubles. I've got this displaying on my frontpage:

// Attachments Table Structure $DatabaseTables['Attachment'] = 'Attachment'; $DatabaseColumns['Attachment']['AttachmentID'] = 'AttachmentID'; $DatabaseColumns['Attachment']['UserID'] = 'UserID'; $DatabaseColumns['Attachment']['DiscussionID'] = 'DiscussionID'; $DatabaseColumns['Attachment']['CommentID'] = 'CommentID'; $DatabaseColumns['Attachment']['Title'] = 'Title'; $DatabaseColumns['Attachment']['Description'] = 'Description'; $DatabaseColumns['Attachment']['Name'] = 'Name'; $DatabaseColumns['Attachment']['Path'] = 'Path'; $DatabaseColumns['Attachment']['Size'] = 'Size'; $DatabaseColumns['Attachment']['MimeType'] = 'MimeType'; $DatabaseColumns['Attachment']['DateCreated'] = 'DateCreated'; $DatabaseColumns['Attachment']['DateModified'] = 'DateModified'; ?>

It popped up sometime after installing Attachments or a related extension. Have tried toggling all extensions to fix.

Any ideas why this appears only on the login screen? The regular functions of forum seem to be working fine.

Comments

• It looks like the text was supposed to be commented, but is missing the "*" needed for the "/*"?
  • this is a different question, but I can't find the solution anywhere. I'm using attachments 1.4 .1 and i had just gotten uploads to work last night (I was having permission errors, but they were fixed) and I upload two images to test. NOW, I can't upload anything, but I DON'T GET AN ERROR. It just posts the message without the image attached. PLEASE, HELP.
  • UPDATE: this only happens with SOME computers. I am trying to upload a picture from a computer at my work, and the picture doesn't upload, but I get no error. Then I try to upload an image from my personal laptop, connected to the work's wireless network and I have no problems, the image uploads fine. Why would this be?
  • @thefatty

Do you have more info on this problem?
    Browser/version.
    Have you tried deinstalling and reinstalling the extension?
    Have you tried another version of Attachments?
  • I had this problem earlier today. I fixed it by editing the conf/database.php file. The attachment extension seems to add an extra set of <?php ?> tags in the file. Remove the extra tags and everthing should be working fine. In other words you should have <?php at the very beginning of the file, and ?> at the very end.
  • Ok im using Vanilla version 1.1.10>Browser Mozilla Firefox. I have added attachments 1.4.1 to my extensions and activated it, but I get an error when trying to upload anything. Someone please tell me specificly which line of the php code I need to edit and what to replace it with etc....? btw Using PSPAD as editor.