Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

go to first page of a discussion

edited April 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I've noticed something strange with my discussion page links and I'm not sure if it's unique to me or the way it should be (it doesn't seem to be the case on these forums, though) When I am not logged into my forums and I click on a discussion, it goes to the first page (/#Item_0) but if I'm logged in and click the discussion, it jumps all the way to the end (#Item_109 or whatever) I'd like it to always go to the first page whether logged in or not (I have the DiscussionPages extension installed so if someone wants to jump to a later page, they can) I'm wondering if this has something to do with the FriendlyURLs extension I installed? Not sure if anyone else has seen this behavior or maybe there is just a setting somewhere that I missed and it's an easy fix? Thanks :)

Comments

• You're in luck: its an easy fix. Go to your account tab, click on forum preferences, then uncheck the 'jump to the last read comment' box. Each user may set this as they prefer.
  • Also, if you want to have the jump to first new comment functionality enabled, but still want to go to the first page once in a while, you can click on "Started by" under the discussion title, and you'll go to the first page.
  • heh, yay :) I'm glad it was an easy fix! Thanks for that... I was wondering if I was just missing it in the settings.. never thought to check my individual account preferences.
  • Any way to make this the default setting for all users?
  • My Account -> Forum preferences -> Jump to the last read comment when clicking on discussion topic

Not sure if this is off by default?
  • It's on by default, and s/he wants to make it off by default for all users.
  • Adding this to conf/settings.php should turn it off by default: $Configuration['PREFERENCE_JumpToLastReadComment'] = '0'; You can find the other default settings in appg/settings.php, but its best to save the changes in conf.
  • Works like a dream WallPhone. The line was indeed already present appg/settings.php, so what's the difference in which file to use to disable it?
  • the settings in the appg folder are overwritten with a system update, while all your settings in the conf folder (including preferences, language definitions, enabled extensions, etc.) aren't.
  • Ahh I see, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.