Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Login timeout causing errors when typing long posts

edited June 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Something tells me this might be a common problem, but I have not been able to find a solution thus far.

One of my users posted this error:

Notice: Undefined index: CssClass in /home/XXX/public_html/XXX/themes/people_banner.php on line 5

He noted how it came about:

i typed out quite a big post, waited too long, clicked the post button and got logged out. The error message above is what i got when i tried to send while not logged in.

Can anyone help me either (1) resolve the issue, or (2) change the login duration to last >24 hours?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• That particular error shouldn't have happened, but the login duration has to do with whether or not the user checked "Remember Me" when they logged in.
  • My users are still having trouble keeping logged in -- particularily, I believe, when using Safari.

I feel like it's Vanilla that's signing people out, not a time out. It redirects the page to: localhost/vanilla people.php?PageAction=SignOutNow&ReturnUrl=localhost

Is there a way to manually extend the cookie or allow a permanent login?

... Also, not sure if anyone saw this, but this extension has been very useful and came from one of our members.
  • Why are you using localhost?
  • Regular old '/' ...

Here's the settings in conf/settings.php:

$Configuration['COOKIE_DOMAIN'] = 'gtdorgtfo.com'; $Configuration['COOKIE_PATH'] = '/';
  • But you say it redirects to localhost?
  • edited June 2008
    Nah, it consistently redirects the user to a logout script. Check out the get variables.

http://gtdorgtfo.com/people.php?PageAction=SignOutNow&ReturnUrl=http://gtdorgtfo.com/

P.S. Thanks Minisweeper
  • OK. So when you said "It redirects the page to: localhost/vanilla people.php?PageAction=SignOutNow&ReturnUrl=localhost" that was wrong? Cause that's bound to cause trouble. But your latest URL looks better.
This discussion has been closed.